I got this from GuinnessGirl, and she gave me the letter L.
This is how it works: Comment on this entry and I will give you a letter. Write ten words beginning with that letter in your journal, including an explanation of what the word means to you and why, and then pass out letters to those who want to play along.
1. “La, la, la” – This comes out of my mouth frequently. When I am trying to be breezy or change the subject or enhance a story, I like to throw a little “la, la, la” in. Also, when I am really stressed and frustrated, I often yell “la, la, la” in my car. However, at times like that, it is more like, “LA, LA, LA!!!!!!”
2. Lemon Body Lotion – This is my favorite product in all of Bath and Body Works. It’s part of the C. O. Bigelow line, and it is an amazing body moisturizer. I spent much of my life looking for that lotion that moisturized all day long without drying up my lunchtime, and this, my friends, is it.
3. Labrador Retriever – This is the kind of dog Bill and I want to get…the yellow kind.
4. Lissy – This is the nickname that my sister went by when she was little. Well, when she was really little, we called her Toot (a shortened form of Fat Tootles…not because she tooted a lot). But she outgrew that. Now, I just call her Lis because she outgrew Lissy too.
5. Lager – The beer I like, compliments of Yuengling. Also one of the best things Pennsylvania has given to the drinking world.
6. Liberty – The car that both my parents drive, as well as something else good that Pennsylvania has given us. Also, the name of my friend’s dog. But that has nothing to do with the other things.
7. Lobster – A Thomas family favorite. We have roots in the Southwest Harbor, ME, area, namely the Dolliver family, which was my great-grandmother’s family. Some of them were lobstermen. Now, when we go to Mt. Desert Island (home of Southwest Harbor, Bar Harbor, and Acadia National Park) for vacations (my parents and grandmother leave for a trip there on Sunday), we eat a lot of lobster. Our favorite place to eat it is Beal’s Lobster Pier. You go in and order your lobster, they boil it up, and they serve it to you on a tray with some little wooden picks to get the meat out. You sit at a picnic table on the pier and eat it with your hands. It is sweet and yummy!
8. Love – I think we all know why this is important. I am lucky to have lots of people who love me, and I love them back! It truly makes the world go ’round.
9. Lunkey – The nickname we had for our first basset hound, Jesse. We had him for ten wonderful years before we lost him to cancer. He was one of the best dogs ever.
10. Lady – The nickname we have for our current basset hound, Marti. We got her indirectly through a basset hound rescue. She is a big brat and spoiled rotten. She is the other one of the best dogs ever.
Alright, if you want to do this, let me know, and I will give you a letter! The first letters I am giving out are Q, X, and Z. Come on…who wants to be first?
Just kidding…I promise to be gentle.