Welcome home…


Well, things are looking very good for this blog because I have not even lived here in the Poconos for 24 hours, and here I am blogging about it. Maybe things will pick up here in the land of “Rich Girl, Poor Girl” now that some new and unusual things are happening with my life!

Today has been a day of organizing. Bill has been very busy with baseball and basketball (his younger son plays tournament baseball and all-star basketball, and his older son does the basketball thing too), so he hasn’t had time to prepare properly for my arrival. By this, I mean that he hasn’t had time to move his shit out of “my” side of the closet and also free up all the space in the one dresser for me. Luckily, we were both off today, so this was the day to do it!

It actually wasn’t too bad. He went through his clothes and set aside stuff to be donated and also to be thrown away (because some of his old clothes were so trashed that they would not be useful to anyone). And then I moved some of my stuff in. I also started unpacking some of the totes of clothes I have brought up here and putting them away. After a trip to our favorite local diner for lunch, we came back here…and I have run out of steam. Now, I am watching TV and reading and checking my e-mail and blogging. However, I am off Wednesday and Thursday during the day, so I am guessing that I will be able to find more time to spend on the organization end of things.

Right now, I am awaiting the arrival of my parents, who are bringing even more boxes of stuff up that I am moving from their house to our house. It was a little sad to say goodbye to them yesterday, even though they only live a half hour away. And when I said goodbye to the dog and the cats? There might have been tears involved…

Okay, back to loafing…I have plenty of time to get all this done, right? Right?


4 responses »

  1. Did I forget Bill has kids? I think I did. It was a kick in the face. lol. I take it you don’t like sports, huh?Glad you’re getting comfy and acclimated. You’re gonna love it.

  2. It took me almost 9 months to completely move in to Don’s house after the wedding. Just unpack what you need immediately and the rest will get done. Don’t try to kill yourself and do it all in the next week. You would like to still be alive and healthy for the wedding.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s